11-27-17

We went to my parents for thanksgiving. This was James being an elephant with big ears!

James loves to go jump on the trampoline outside, even when it was cold and dark!

Our very active son bumped his head on a coffee table and ended up getting 4 staples at the urgent care yesterday! It was sad but he is a really tough kid, he took it really well and is doing fine now! He is a little bit of a wild child when it comes to being daring, so I am guessing we will just have to get used to going down to the med express!

My sister in law

James is a really great helper, especially in the kitchen!


Johnny and I went to a hockey game! You can see a little baby bump there 😋

My dad made this little bubble wrap contraption for James’ car seat so he could rest his head back and go to sleep with the staples back there!
11-19-17

Us at a Hopkins soccer game! One of Johnny’s undergrads was playing on the team for the championship game. There were some little boys yelling at the game the whole time and James was mesmerized with them, it was so cute!!


James and I on an ice cream date on one of the last warmer fall days! The weather has turned cold now!

***Exhausting trip to the grocery store.

This is how learning not to color on your face is going. We are also learning how not to eat play dough and play in the toilet.

Us at an art museum with a friend, here James is pretending this sculpture is a train.

***James absolutely LOVES playing in the leaves! He loved doing “body slams” in the middle of them, and hitting them with sticks like the pile of leaves is a drum.

First stitch! James grabbed a box cutter at the end of a service activity and got a small cut in his thumb that required one stitch. He handled it like a champ though! He also somehow peed through his diaper on the same day which is why he also has no pants.

This is him saying “cheese.”

James went to his first Football game and really loved it! The music was his favorite part. When the music would stop because they were running a football play he would say “more”. He was also really excited to go see the mascot, and when we got here he was partially thrilled and partially terrified; he made it very clear that he did not want Johnny to give him up to the tiger.

10-26-17
Sorry it’s short today, but I wanted to share some pictures!


It was 55 degrees this day, I may have gone a little over board :P

James loooooooves throwing rocks in the water or down the hill! He could do it for hours.

This was at the demolition derby! He loves cars so we thought he would be in heaven, and he was! For about 30 seconds. Then he was much more interested in the little kids and their French fries!

Hair cut!

***James thought he also needed a pumpkin face

***James really got into character at this Halloween party we had at our place! He was roaring at everyone who came in!


James loves to pretend he is driving and honking the horn! He always tries to climb in the drivers seat when we are about to drive somewhere.

James love to help, He is a great helper!

Visiting my parents in WV!
10-15-17
James pretending to be a firefighter. He loves to honk the horn on all real and pretend cars!

We went to visit my parents in WV last weekend!

***James loves it when I sing songs to entertain him on car trips. While we were driving to pick Johnny up from the airport today, this was our conversation: "James do you want to listen to music?" "No." "Do you want me to sing a song?" "Yeah." "Which song?" "Gaga (your dad)". So I sang "wheels on the bus" and inserted family members names in, such as "the Gaga's on the bus say 'eat ice cream'" or "'let's play trucks.'" When I finished with one person he would tell me the next person to do, like "Doe (Joe)" or "Boo (Boots)." This continued for 30 minutes until we did all his relatives (including you) about 10 times. 😂

***
At my friend's wedding




Johnny won a research award where he gets $15,000 to spend on research-related stuff. This past week we went to an award ceremony for it and heard a novel prize winner of physics speak! It was awesome. Basically he made a satellite that measured the temperature in space and predicted what it was billions of years ago/ at the creation of the universe.


James really loves climbing on everything!


10-8-17
When we were getting ready for a trip to come to WV to see my parents, I sat down at the dinner table and said "It feels so good to sit down." John replied "Amen!" James then echoed "AMEN!"
10-1-17
James trying on a monkey outfit in Marshall's. When I started to take it off he said "No no, more more!" He loves monkeys and making monkey noises!

***
Walking in the city, he really liked playing in this corner for some reason!

You know you're in Baltimore when...

***We went to a fall fun place and James was loving climbing all over the tires. I look away for one second and when I look back he is covered in dirt! He didn't mind one but.

James loved the hat ride and pointing out all the scare crows!

This weekend (Friday-Sunday) we were in Ocean City, MD (3 hour drive) for John's departmental retreat! James and I got to go for free which was amazing! James absolutely loved the water. He loved finding sea shells, crabs, sticks, and running into the water (regardless of how cold it was or what clothes he had on).
When I first told James we were going to the beach he asked "Mimi?" I told him no it would just be mommy and daddy this time, even though he was right Mimi and G-daddy took him last time.
The next morning when we woke up in the hotel room he was sitting in the bed with us and asked again: "Mimi? Dada (G-Daddy)?" It was so cute that he thought Mimi and G-daddy had to be at the beach if he was there!

This was when we first arrived and didn't have our swim gear on. Johnny was playing a game with James where they ran from the incoming tide and tried now to get wet. He was playing once and while he was running away the water came up high on James and almost knocked him over! He loved getting wet, I think it felt cooler because he was in normal clothes.

It was a little chilly, and james' favorite thing was the "bubbles" (hot tub). We just let him out his feet in, but he could do that and touch all the bubbles for hours if we let him.

In our hotel elevator there was a picture of coffee beans and a coffee cup. Every time we walked Into the elevator James would yell "beeeeeans!!" He LOVES black beans, and I guess they reminded him of them!

There were lots of souped up cars while we were there, apparently there used to be an annual drag race that was outlawed this year but many people showed up to race unofficially anyway. The cars were insanely loud all night long, and James loved hearing and seeing them. The first night we thought it might be better to use the window curtain to block his view of us than his view of the window. However, that just led to him standing up in his crib and staring at the cars.
9-24-17
***James loves to walk in the woods, and will often start running down the path into the woods close to our house if we get within 50 yards of it. You can tell your woods are close to the city from the level of graffiti 😂

James loves to climb into the car from the passengers seat and pretend to drive every time we get in the car.

***His greatest focus comes when he is eating corn (cooked or raw, doesn't matter).

Visiting daddy on campus!

In both of these he is saying "go," because he wants to be pushed around.


Apple picking! He liked the pull them from the tree, and throw the rotten ones on the ground!

This is from a Baltimore festival, he thought it was pretty cool to ride a motor cycle with daddy!

9-10-17
***James loves this car! We usually just ride him around the apartment instead of lugging it outside.

James does this thing when he is by himself (in the stroller, car seat) where he babbles to himself, seemingly reliving/ processing his day. Amid the babbles you find audible words like "mama" "dada" "nono," and well as "beedo bleeblo," etc.

James really likes to be one of the big kids, whether that means jumping on the tramp with all of them, joining the tug of war competition or going in the middle of the dance circle!

James pretending to be a fireman.

James favorite things about the zoo is walking through these plastic sheets in the entrance of the aviary. He could do this for hours!

James got really excited about this plastic look-through at the playground

9-3-17
We went camping this week and James climbed into the storage bins while I was getting everything out.

James loves cars and trucks so much, he loved pretending to the horn on this one at the zoo!

He also loves to pretend to ride horses! He just loves to ride anything!

James loved this game of Johnny throwing the ball into his hands and then him throwing it back. He is a total boy and loves all twelve boy things you can imagine! Especially getting dirty. We were walking outside the other day along a dirt path by the woods and he just stopped and laid down in the dirt, face and all.

This one is kind of blurry, but he was playing a favorite game of running away down a path in the woods we told him not to go down and laughing hysterically until we come get him. He remembers exactly where it is and runs down it laughing every time we pass it!

8-27-17

James LOVED this girl we met at the library, he kept trying to follow her around and play with her wherever she went.

These other pictures are from Harpers Ferry where we went on Saturday! It has Civil War history, an abolitionist man tried to free the slaves and had a raid there during the Civil War.

Maryland Heights hike. James was pretty happy in the carrier, but also very happy to walk on his own. He was happiest in the carrier when we all sang songs like Old MacDonald. After the song stopped he kept singing to himself, it was so cute! His favorite activity was definitely playing in the river though.

Appalachian Trail

Civil war sour Dough bread! That didn't actually taste like sour dough...

8-21-17
Words James can actually say (unlike John's definition of words James "says"):
More, go, car, ball, ugh oh, bubble, bye bye, mama, dada, yeah, no, truck, baba (aka bottle), and lots of animal noises
8-20-17
James loves nature

8-18-17
***Splash pads? Uninterested. Dirty puddles on the side walk? Entertained for hours 😂

James got eye surgery this week! He handled it like a champ. And he was very proud of his hospital bracelet 😂



He was rewarded with his favorite meal: homemade Mac n cheese

James now says "more more more" when he likes the food he is eating (or wants to eat) and blows on his food by sucking in and out really fast! It is super cute. He can also climb in his high chair by himself! He is an excellent climber.


This kid was walking around a concrete-ridden city block and sat down in the middle of the only patch of green around.

He loves giving other kids and us "love." This kid at the park he sat down next to and held his hand, it was really cute

8-12-17
James made friends with a random girl sitting on a bench in DC and played with her (gave her rocks) for 15 minutes. He is hyper friendly!





This one is from the zoo, James loves pretending to ride things, from bikes to cars to horses!
8-8-17
***James loves to walk outside. Now when he walks by the woods he finds huge green walnuts, which he calls "balls." He loves to collect them and throw them to the dogs he sees in hopes they will play fetch. So far no luck, but he is not detained.
When James really likes someone now he hugs them and lays in their lap. He did this with one sister missionary today--there was a trio companionship on our couch and he probably gave one 7 hugs in a row!
He also would not stop giving hugs to Hemenna (our 3 year old neighbor) at the park, sometimes knocking her over. After a few hugs she told me "I don't need a hug right now."
***James also has been giving extra love to his bunny rabbit. Whenever he notices it, he will carry it around the room snuggling it. He has showed similar affection to his dinosaur, which he read stories to the other day, holding him as close to his lap as possible, and giving the dinosaur kisses.



2 Hs and an O by John Hickey
From cloud to cloud
From cloud to ground
from long to round
from soft to loud
I travel far
I travel near
I am from a tear
I'm from a star
But how I me
it's hard to see
so let me speak
the story you seek
One O was well, O
sad depressed alone so
Two Hs happy chappy
you could say really quite dappy
one day all three come to the park to play but Hs had no hello to say
when O asked if they were free
A mommy master metal saw this lonely soul
and made her Hs behol'
O's beauty like a flower petal
and then they came
with the flash of a flame
To O and gave a hug
and forever more H2O tightly happily snug
Home by Jenna Hickey
My heart stolen from trivial climbs
I watch your small legs pump and press.
Sweet innocent giggles fill the summer air
Like pollen transforming the heavy sky.
You run to me, small arms around my neck
My soul again reaches soaring heights.
A mother's joy like the silky trills
Of violin's crescendo in a majestic symphony.
7-31-17
some things James does when we are not looking (car in fridge and toilet paper).
James laughs very freely. He loves playing games with his dad, like this one with the balloon, keep it in the air! He also loves POW where he licks John while in the swing and John gets knocked somewhere far away. Other kids at the playground love to watch!
*James loves to play in puddles. He will always sit in water if he can and splash. He doesn't mind being wet or dirty at all!
****James dancing to an old African American man singing "Take Me Home Country Roads" at a farmers market in Baltimore city (spinning in circles for like 5 minutes straight is his favorite dance move!). He often draws a crowd. Also at a five year old's friend's birthday party, he went in the middle of the five year olds dancing and danced like he was the life of the party! He wanted to play all the games they were playing like throwing a tennis fall through a hole. He was walking around with happy euphoric social energy!
*James pretending everything is a phone (sticks, cars, toys, balls, food, etc). He holds them up to his ear and says "dada" over and over while walking around. Once he actually did talk to John on the phone and was so excited! He said lots of baby sounds and kept holding the phone to the back of his head to talk in it. He is so cute!







6-24-17
*while babysitting Erika's kids, he was playing with a. Group on their trampoline. I heard kids screaming and running and looked out and saw James with a screaming girls leg in his mouth. He knows how to draw attention!
*right now we are babysitting the Sedgwick kids and he LOVES Hannah. He keeps giving her hugs and kisses and lays in her lap and just looks up at her. We think it might be because she looks like caroline!
*
4-29-17
*James reaches out when we pass pine trees by our house to touch them as we pass
*everytime we ask James a question his response is "ugh oh" and puts his hands up and to the sides like he doesn't know
*we went to see dinosaurs at the science center and he reached out to touch them
*james loves to feed us his food and often holds
4-16-17
****a few weeks ago at the grocery store, I was putting groceries on the cart at Alexis as fast as I could when the cashier told me James was taking eggs out of the carton. Sitting in the cart and turned 180 degrees, James was taking eggs from the carton and dropping them on the other groceries inside the cart. Luckily none broke! That same day while I was searching for my credit card in my wallet, the cashier again said "I don't think your mommy wants you to do that" after James reached into my wallet while I wasn't looking and started handing her my money.
4.1.17
James took his library card out of my hand and handed it to the librarian today
2-8-17
Me:
While walking in the woods today I was talking to the Lord, telling Him things like being RS president is really hard, and I don't know how to manage my time, and I feel like everything I do needs to be inspired, and I feel lost, and I feel like my faith in myself isn't strong enough, etc. he answered my prayer by putting the words to a song I wrote after my freshman year of college. "The salty air goes in through my nose where it resonates twixt my turbanate bones till it goes down my trenches and fills up my lungs with the sweetest sense of summer time bliss, something I may not touch while it sits in my hands but will surely sorely miss. And fall will come when it comes, my summer end when it must. But I won't wait one more minute sitting inside the cup's at my lips--drink it in.
"I look one way up the beach, and I can see forever. I turn my head the other way and I can't see at all. But the water keeps going it breaks while it's flowing into the dark nothing, it fights to get through. And fall will come when it comes, my summer end when it must. But I won't wait one more minute sitting inside the cup's at my lips--drink it in.
"Now my balcony looks out over the water, His moon's in the sky as He looks at His daughter. Am I really becoming what I wanted to be? Or is the sub setting on me?
"And my fall will come when it comes, my summer end when it must. But I won't wait one more minute sitting inside the cup's at my lips. This moment here at my finger tips. The cup's at my lip--drink it in."
This was a sweet reminder from my Heavenly Father that my current calling, location in Baltimore, stage of life--the Lord wanted it to be fun for me! It should be fun! And He knows it can be fun for me if I let it. Or it ca be an unrealistic race to an imaginary finish line with heaps of pressure on my back. The Lord wants me to learn from the amazing women all around me, and I know I can do that. I think I just need to arm myself better against Satan who tries to hide all the goodness in my life and allow me to focus on the negative. I need to watch my words, they impact how I think. Everything positive is the only way for me to survive spiritually. Be grateful today! Thank you Heavenly Father for this sweet message of love and hope.
James:
Crawling faster than ever! His balance is amazing and he loooooooove being outside! He also tries to eat everything in his path, especially outside. Eating dirt is apparently good for his immune system, and I hope yesterday he exceed the recommended daily allowance by 10 times.
He is so happy and playful. He loves blue berries and sticking chunks of bananas the size of his hand into his mouth.. still loves the roasted sweet potatoes too. And he loves to eat what we are eating.
He loves dogs and excitedly says "da-da-da" and waves his arms up and down simultaneously whenever he sees one (this is what he says whenever he gets excited about anything). When John comes home he always claps, it's so cute!
His current "words" are "uh-oh" and "ga" aka water 😋 he often uses the sign for "all done" sometimes for "more," and sometimes even waves at people (he waved to the kids at the end of the book "pat the bunny" today!), but never on demand.
1-25-17
Me:
Today I realized I often forget my one goal with my callings, RS president, mother and wife. To please the Lord!
1-25-17
James has the stomach flu, and has thrown up several times, poor thing. Around the same time he got it, he started doing the sign for "all done," waving his hand back and forth. He kind of learned the sign for me, but we think he got it confused with clapping (the same motion for him), so we weren't consistent and it got all confused.
We would put him in his high chair and he did the "all done" sign, so we thought "he doesn't understand this one either." He will then refuse to eat, and I thought it was because he was getting sick of the things we were feeding him! Turns out he was sick and had no appetite, but totally understood what he was trying to tell us! Now we believe him... way to go, buddy!
1-14-17
***First Towson basketball game! James LOVED the band. He kept looking at them and clapping the whole time!
He crawls well with his belly off the floor all the time now! He also climbs up on everything and loves hitting all surfaces with the palms of his hands. He also loves digging in dirt! Including our house plant... it was a warm day and we took him to the playground, where he had the time of his life! Loved digging in the wood chips, crawling around, and going in the swing and the slide! He also tried to put a handful of wood chips in Sophia Londons face... were working on social interaction 😋
12.30.16
James is moving so much now! He army crawls very fast and crawls normally regularly. He also LOVES to walk while we hold his hands. He is a very competent climber, and will climb on anything at or below his height.
12.18.16
James went to a Christmas party at Dr. Hawes' house (Johns TAed for her this semester) and they had a puppy who had never seen a baby before. James loved it and kept trying to chase it around the house while yelling and the puppy kept running away from James and yelping.
The next day we took him to the aquarium--during the dolphin show he was watching the people more than the dolphins until the part where the dolphins started splashing people with their tails, at which point he started crying and shaking! Poor kid 😔 he also got scared when a scuba diver was feeding the fish in the fish tank and started blowing bubbles and making faces at him.
Later that day we tried to take a picture with him with santa on his lap and he FREAKED OUT!! He looked at us like "how could you betray me like this!" Too much in one day!
12.4.16
James has been rebelling again where we try to put him by arching his back and screaming whenever we try to put him anywhere-the changing table, his high chair, car seat, etc. he also loves to head but us!
He loves to drink water and eat big people food, ESPECIALLY bread! He could eat that all day every day.
He also likes to walk with our help. And being scared (turning your far away and then surprising him with a funny noise!). He also loves being around other kids, people watching (staring), and meeting new friends!
11.28.16
I have not been living the way I want to lately as a mother. I want to make everything I do during my day to support the loving development of my child. Yet I find myself trying to entertain him while I.... I need to pray that my outlook on motherhood will not be something I need to get through to his nap so I can do other things. Yikes! That is not the way I want to be. I want to treasure every minute with my little squirt.
However, I need to have balance...I need to shower and eat and make dinner, etc! But I want my James time to be full and complete. It is something I will struggle with, maybe for the next 25 years! But I hope I am getting better all the time.
I am kind of sad we won't be seeing Johns family this holiday season. A year is a lot longer to go without seeing them when you have a kid!
I also want to be better with my calling. I have given up trying to think of sisters for calls because the bishop shot down almost every one. He told me to give him tough ideas and so I did, but I don't feel good when they get called because I feel like I need to be getting revelation for these calls. I don't feel like I can say the Lord gave you this call when I don't spend the time and feel right about it. I am talking with the bishop soon about making this better.
I want to be better about seeking out who needs service and how to focus my time. I could focus it on so many things!! I need the Lords guidance on how to proceed. This should be my prayer!
James loved being and Mimi and Gdaddy's house. Since being there he does the more sign lots more and babbles lots more! Especially "dadadada". He gets cuter every day!
He also loves winter walks, thank goodness. And he loved playing with Jett!
11.24.16
James loves to explore his grandparents house and especially loved to play with/ attack Jett! He tried to ouch his eyes and Jett kind of snapped at him as he got a little scared.
My dad said "He is way more aggressive (toward Jett) than any of the other grand kids. He is more like a raccoon than a kid."
11.21.16
James loves:
the bath, he splashes around and goes from one end of the tub to the other over and over again.
Destroying things. If there is a tower of blocks, it is his obligation to knock them down entirely, regardless of energy level.
Tags--forget the toy that's attached to it, he goes for the tags and could eat them all day
Head butting his parents, Windows, walls, and everything else. He also tries to crawl through you, head first
Goes through tunnels, under his exersaucer, cardboard boxes, etc.
He also now realizes he is not supposed to do things, like eat things off the floor or play with the blinds. He will does it and then looks at you
11.18
Yesterday the coolest thing happened. James has had a bad cold all week and has not had much of an appetite. Yesterday I discovered he would eat fruit diluted with formula. As I was feeding him he looked at me and said something in his baby language, and it was as if I understood it with my heart. It wasn't like it was words, just a feeling of "thank you, you are great." It was such a sweet tender moment and sweet piece of motherhood
11.5.16
James got his first tooth last week! He has been a drooling machine and a little fussy. John built a tower of blocks for him to knock down and he crawled to John instead of knocking it down 💛
We also gave him. Butternut squash soup (first actual people food) and he seemed to have bad gas after... Maybe too soon for so many onions!
He loves butternut squad and all fruit, especially bananas & apple sauce!
10.31.16
Some days are hard. Not seeing each other all week, meetings 8-4 on Sunday... No dates. It is hard to have quality us time too because both of us want to occupy ourselves (usually with our phones) while the other one is occupied, so we trade back and forth being on our phones instead of being together. We had a heart to heart this weekend and made some good goals on how we can have more quality us time. These include putting away our phone and doing family scripture study first when I get home during the week (not last when all we have energy for is a video).
204 is murdering me. The degree completion plans are so terrible... And they are not even the hardest assignment to grade, the resume is, which is next 🙈 scary.
10.22.16
At church's at week there was this cute little girl who was sitting in front of us and about a year old. James spent the entire meeting talking loudly, looking at her and trying to get her attention. The ladies man 😎
10.12.16
Jenna: "would you want to do that (watching videos of extreme bikers biking down precarious mountain paths)?
John: "not in this life. Maybe when I have eternal life."
10.10.16. 6 months and 1 week
James has started to love (certain) solid foods! Spinach cantaloupe combo has been his favorite so far 😜 he will eat several tablespoons in one sitting if he is really hungry! He does not like sweet potatoes though.
He now will put a cloth or the like over his eyes while getting a diaper Change then kicks his legs excitedly while it is over his face! If you take it off he usually looks at you like "why did you take that off?" And then puts it back. He is so cute.
Still loves the bath, being outside, ripping things up (paper, grass, basil plants), and playing peek ago with him on the bed and you popping up from the side.
Also, quote of the day: "We aren't super fancy and nice at our house, we are more mish mosh." -John after having dinner at the Luke's
9.30.16
James has been doing this thing lately where when I change his diaper he grabs the cloth, puts it over his face, then pulls it away and squeals in delight as I say "peek a boo!" It is a game I instigated but he quickly learned to control! Smart kid.
James is starting to sit up by himself more for longer periods of time! Still has no problem moving across the floor though. He is also sleeping though the night, usually 7:30 or 8:30-6:30 or 7:30😄🙌🏻👍🏻
9.29.16
James has been eating lots of rice cereal and oatmeal cereal. He has also been sleeping through the night because I turn off the baby monitor at night. It has been glorious!
We went to baby story time yesterday and I think he liked it.. He liked the new textures of the carpet and toys there! On Sunday him and Atticus (about a month younger) started at each other and laughed! So cute.
We tried straight sweet potatoes, which were a little much for his taste. We will probably dilute them and try again soon.
He is still happy as ever and loves to play with his toys and move far distances on the ground with little scoots and rolling around. I have a feeling crawling isn't too far away
***funny story, John dreamt (or I said in my sleep?) that John needed to go get the wallow talkie for our other children. John got up in the middle of the night and was looking for the wallow talkie before realizing we had no other children.
-my calling stresses me, overwhelms me and leaves me scatterbrained and unfocused if I don't pray fervently and read scriptures every single day. Hopefully I can learn this lesson once and for all soon. I still feel like it is preparing me for motherhood in a big way, so this is a double lesson that is very important for me to learn.
After reading my scriptures, I think what I have been lacking is faith. The Lord has promised me everything I need (expanded time, ability to prioritize and be fulfilled), but I don't think I have been exercising the faith to get those blessings. I should also go to the temple..
9.22.16
James has been doing great. He loves playing in the grass, bouncing, sitting up, and swinging on the swings at the park! He still wakes up usually twice in the middle of the night. He tried rice cereal on Johns birthday and liked it, but has been kind of disinterested since then.. We are trying sweet potatoes tomorrow though 😊
9.19.16
Started sleep training last night, he cried for an hour. Hardest thing ever! But today for his morning nap he only cried for 15 minutes and the slept for 1.5 hours! Awesome. Then his afternoon nap he cried for 10 mins before sleeping for 1.5 hours AGAIN! He has never taken 2 long naps before. It was awesome! Then tonight he only cried for 5 minutes before going to sleep at 7:50pm. This is the best!
Also started solid foods today! Rice cereal. We gave him the first bite then he looked at John and grabbed the spoon to bring it back to his mouth for more! It was like he realized all of the sudden there was something different, not just breast milk! He loved it. It was really fun to watch 😊
9.18.16
James still loves to watch us dance. He laughs a lot more now, mostly when we tickle him or dance for him!
Today we were about to leave for stake conference and he had a big poop, followed by peeing on the changing table and soaking himself from the neck down! A bath & new outfit made us just a little late.
9.12.16. 5 mo 2 weeks
James is laughing a lot more and learning how to entertain! On Friday we had Midrelle and Thammy over and he quickly learned that putting both arms Bice his head and lowering then quickly while giving a cute squeal generated lots of attention and laughter from his crowd! He did it again and again, it was so cute!
He is also sitting up more now with his hands out in front of him, and he can roll around reeeeeeally well! I put him on the ground and then look over and he has moved several feet from where he was!
He still loves music, including "James Jams" from Erika (includes wanna be me too by Megan trainer, Cheyenne by darulo, & of course can't stop the feeling) and loves watching us dance to it!
He is silent outside (a token of his enjoyment of the experience)
...
Lord has blessed me to be a mother because my strengths would help me nurture James' potential to be like God
Help James feel gods love
Blessed to know the reason I'm teaching this semester
-help students become passionate about their lives & good people
Blessed to prioritize activities and feel fulfilled each day
Get revelation through family and close friends
Sisters in RS feel my love sincerity passion & feel closer together because if it
God knows all the responsibility I have, he gave them to me.
With extra strength and health BUT don't run faster than I have strength
He will expand my time
He knows my weaknesses. Not everything will be perfect but they can be made better with the atonement
It will be a time of personal growth in addition to everything else
9.4.16. 5 months
...
Today I thought about how the Lord must be preparing me for motherhood in this calling. I have Been stressed and felt like I had no time to do all the things I need to do. But as I have had Gaithersburg and recognized my dependence on the Lord, He has helped me get through and acoxpmplish what si
9.1.16, almost 5 months
James has his preferences. He likes for both of us to be home, he likes being out and about (doing errands, talking long walks) over being home. He likes music over silence and Justin timberlake and Justin beiber (Baby) especially. He likes to be worn/ carried more than being set down or alone, and likes the bath maybe best of all! He also loves being rocked, which he does quite often thanks to the Mumfords giving us their glider rocker. He also loves reading books and especially enjoys Frog and Toad.
He is just starting to sit up for a few seconds when propped up by his hands
8.29.16
James had the time of his life in Utah! He loved being with all his aunts, uncles and grandparents (although Natalie got the nickname of aunt smothers)! He also lived his alone time with Emily while we watched joe bandito at bear lake and while I went to education week with my mom!
I think he also appreciated some quiet time after returning home from our vacation, too (that is, after the O's game and moving the next day!). He did great on the airplane trip back (he screamed and slept mostly on the way there--deep sleep during take off and landing was the key!).
Now he has his own bedroom and we love it! We also just were given a glider rocker from the mumfords which he really likes!
John found out yesterday he is ticklish! In his thighs, while laying down on his back😋 he doesn't laugh all the time but he does on occasion and when he does it is the most beautiful sound in the world. He does smile all the time though.
He loves music even more than he used to! He especially lives justin timer lake ("can't stop the feeling"). He loves dancing to that song and watching me dance as well. I also played the Ike for him for the first time and he got the biggest smile on his face when he heard those first notes!
His always reaches up and grabs my nose after he eats. He loves when you blow in his face, ache he loves chewing on everything. He is just starting to be interested in our food at meal times.
Things we've learning
8.26.16
...
Today was a tender mercy. After moving last Saturday and getting called to be RS president last Sunday, work meetings and preparing for school next week, I have been an emotional basket case. I feel like I have way too much to do and no time to do it. I was just starting to figure out how to be a stay at home mom with James, and now piles of boxes everywhere I look and the tiny path between bags, boxes, and book cases that I traverse at 3am pushed me over the edge. It was so much at once. I think the adversary has been trying to get me down and playing off my sleep deprived state to do it. But not today. Today while James slept peacefully in his baby swig, I snuck out to the balcony (now free of the wasp nest) & prayed, gazing at the morning sun peak in through the purple crepe myrtle by our apartment. I prayed about a calling if been thinking about a lot over the last few days, and got clear revelation straight from the Lord. I finally learned where I'd been wrong and how I can be better next time. Essentially I can't rely on other peoples wisdom or opinions even when I think highly of them. I need to get my wisdom straight from the lord and not rely on man's capacities.
In the morning I played with James while unpacking and organizing, and dancing in the kitchen with him strapped to my chest while I made lunch. I love how much he loves dancing!
then John came home early from work and we unpacked until late in the evening. We got a TON done! I am so grateful for him. He is such a great husband to me. And it was a happy day, no nervous breakdowns or crying sessions. Just progress. God is good to me!
4.16 1 week 6 days
Went to the tulip gardens (Sherwood gardens) with James!! He slept the ENTIRE 3 hours we were there! We took pictures, it was beautiful!
4.17 2 weeks
Went to Robert E Lee park today with my mom. James kept the tradition of sleeping the entire time while outside again today! John loved playing with James-they played the whole afternoon while mom slept and I wrote in my journal 😊
Dad stayed home from church with me and then left around 1130. He loved holding James, and took the overnight duty many times!
4.18 2 weeks 1 day
James tried out his swing today! He was really fussy before I put him in it, but he loved it! I also tried out a wrap.. He did not like it at first, but once he got used to it he loved it. He fell asleep in it and I helped mom cook dinner! It was so fun 😄
I can already tell my baby is becoming a little less snuggly.. I wish you would stay 100% snuggly forever!! But he still is, especially when he is full and sleepy!! I just love him to death and cannot get enough of this cute guy!!
4.21
These last 2 days have been more rough! More screaming and not knowing how to console him. He seems like he is in pain from eating, it is hard to see him looking sad!
But he tried out his swing and really loves it!!
James also looooves music, especially fast upbeat songs! He also loves to move his hands, so maybe he will be a conductor one day.
He still has his eye infection, which I have been putting breast milk into I every day!
It is really incredible to be a mother--I feel like this whole side of me that lay dormant before has sprung into life. There is this loving nurturing ability that is coming out. It is something that has been woven into my roots by generations of mothers who have gone before me and lovingly brought my family and me to where we are today.
4.22
First ped appointment today! Also moms last day with us 😔 it will be nice to be on our own and feel independent and get into a routine (as routine as you can get with a new born), but it has been so nice having her company and having her take care of me! Moms are the best.
At his appointment they had to prick his heal to check him for metabolic disorders. I held him while they did it, and it was so sad!! He cried for hours after, big sad tears. He had never cried like that before. And he just wanted me to hold him. Even after we got home he would be asleep but if I put him down he would wake up and fuss till I got him again. We snuggled all afternoon, it was precious! It was so sweet to be his everything and his comfort when he was in pain. I just love him so much!!!
4.23
Mom left this morning and it is just the 3 of us again! We have James a bath, got rained on at the Rodgers Forge Community Garage sale, and later went for a picnic at Robert E. Lee Park! We took some great pictures there, and he kept of his tradition of sleeping the entire time of being outside 😋
4.24 3 weeks
After his appointment on Friday, we have been giving James a pacifier. It is amazing!! he loves it and it really helps him fall asleep. We had been holding off until he got his latch down without the shield, but the pediatrician said it is fine to introduce it now and work on the latch in a few weeks. So that's what we're doing!
We took more pics at Sherwood gardens today.
James makes the funniest faces!
Today we had church together--I read him the scriptures from Isaiah (12 & 53) that helped bring him into this world! I explained to him things in there and we had a prayer together. It was the sweetest thing in the world. I am SO grateful I get to raise this precious son in the gospel light. It is the greatest blessing in the world!
4.25
First day home all by myself! There were lots of emotions for John by the end of the day and we established that he could call me mid day to help with that. But it is nice and fun to be on my own and get into my own schedule. I pushed myself too hard though and bled too much! We'll figure this out.
4-26
I have been doing lots of reading on infant care, and I started putting him on the baby wise schedule-- feed, short wake time, nap every 3 hours. It's a lot more sleep than he was getting, and he is waaaaay less fussy now! I think I was sleep depriving the poor child! He is much happier and adapted to it pretty quick, especially at night!
In other news, the car would not start on Tuesday, the day John had a big in vivo he had to rush to Hopkins to work on. He tried a long time then took the shuttle to Towson and a bus to homewood. The next day he did the same thing, and on Thursday after trying to start the car for a while, he hit is head on the overhead mirror, crushed it, then grabbed it to check the damage and got some glass wedged in his finger! After it broke off when he tried to remove it, he rushed inside, bleeding with minutes before the shuttle would arrive, got some tweezers and was going to remove the glass on the run while waiting for the shuttle! I convinced him 2 minutes was long enough for us to get it out. He coaxed it out then I bandaged him up. It was so crazy to see him rush back through the door after he left for the day all bloody and frantic!
4.26
Okay, maybe not all the way adapted to it 😋 we are still learning. But he usually feeds around 10-1030 until 11 or so, falls asleep around 1115, then sleeps till around 3, feeds, and sleeps till 6-630! He wakes up at these times in his own too! For the first 3 weeks I was setting alarms and waking him up every 3 hours to feed like the lactation nurse told me to... But he seems to be doing good on his own. I always dream I'm feeding him around 2am then I wake up and check if he is in his crib still 😋 not every night is so smooth but it is not bad! I take naps with him during the day too which is great!
3.28
His eye infection is almost better!
We also got lots of snuggle time in today which was the best. I feel like with every snuggle song and story I keep falling more and more in love with my little boy! I love being a mother, and I absolutely love that I get to stay home with him!!
Thammy came over today and looooved cooing over him and holding him! She asked him " why are you looking at me so serious??" And I replied "actually that is his content face!" 😂
3.30
James slept for so long to day! He ate at nine and slept until Three, a new record for him. He is pretty consistent in that he always wakes up around three and again around 630. And he usually goes back to sleep pretty quickly at the 3 AM feeding. He is such a good baby! He also loves taking baths, loves his vitamin D supplement (and his gas drops, anything with a taste!), and does not like tummy time.
He also rolled over on both sides during tummy time to both sides-he like to get out of that and figures out how!
I am starting to get better at giving him consistent naps throughout the day. When he is really asleep, there is no waking him up! He can be a stubborn little dude :-)
5.1.16 4 weeks
James is a very curious baby. He likes to look around at everything, especially people's eyes and the pictures on the wall. He loves music and songs and has since birth. He also loves to move his hands allll around, maybe conducting his own personal music 😊
He also likes to get his exercise by doing run run with daddy. He likes to be very clean. He also does not like to miss out on the action; if people are over even daddy he does not like to go to sleep you like to be out with the crowd.
James is a very chill baby. He usually only cries if there is something wrong. He also does not like to be wrapped tightly-he likes to escape any swaddle we put him in and get his arms free.
He can be in various moods though, where sometimes he is very Mello and happy and sometimes he is very opinionated and will let you know his opinion.
Today before his bath James pooped on daddy's pants. He popped AGAIN in his towel after his bath!
5-2-16
James slept for about 5.5 hours on Saturday night! He hasn't slept that much since then, but what a beautiful start! Sometimes he naps amazingly, sometimes he just will not stay asleep. It seems like the thing that will make him sleep is different every time--bouncer, swing, rocking and singing, being laid in his crib, lying on my chest/ legs! But at night he always goes right back to sleep (thanks a million buddy!). Angle baby 😇
5-3-16 1 month birthday!
James, you are so sweet. Cuddling with you and singing you songs is my favorite thing to do in the world. I love it when you are content and I love it when you show your beautiful happy smile that brightens my life and brings sunshine to the world.
Your spirit is happy and mellow and good. I know you will bring light and sunshine to your fellow men as you use your inner goodness to bring peace and healing to those around me. You have already brought these to me!
5-4-16
James peed DOWN MY SHIRT during his bath today! What aim! He then popped in his brand new towel (again) right when he got out of the bath 😋
Tonight, after working all day at Towson then Hopkins, John came home exhausted, and missed his EQ meeting because he couldn't get a ride. We ate then did family night, Then he ran to the grocery store with a back pack because our car is still not fixed to get diapers, bread and Ice cream (you know, just the essentials) at 10pm, and finally came home to work on his lecture for tomorrow! He will get up early to finish it tomorrow. What a man! Oh yeah, and he got deodorant at the store and accidentally put it in his pocket thinking it was his phone! Luckily he realized it after he checked out but before he left the store
5-5
Today while I was changing you, you projectile pooped--it traveled through the air about 3 feet (think garden hose) until it splattered over the bookcase and everything else (inclusive me)! He then peed on everything (including me) twice!! Funny little guy 😋 so in a 12 hour period I has peed on 3 times, got spit up down my shirt (middle of the night feeding), and pooped on. New record 😋
Went to playgroup today! It was so fun to get out and be with other moms who have been where I've been and felt what I feel.
5-6
What have I learned since being a mom: it is amazing to think: "just relax, I'm going to feed you-don't you remember the other times when you just had to wait a few moments and then I had plenty of food for you? I'm going to take care of you just trust me and wait a moment." It reminds me of what Heavenly Father must think when we lose faith in Him all too quickly.
It is also amazing how I can love James sooooo much! My love for him seems to grow daily.
5-7
James rolled from his tummy (with his arms on the ground lifting himself up) to his back multiple times again today! He has a way of figuring out how to be hoe he likes!
He is getting so smiley, it is so much fun!! He gives big smiles, especially to John!
5-8
James slept 6 hours for mothers day
5-10
James slept 7 hours in the sleep sack! So funny, it is made to keep their arms in, and he woke up with one little hand sticking out! He lives to escape and loves his freedom! Hopefully this sleeping is a tradition!
James had a rough morning. He screams now when he eats most of the time but otherwise he is still pretty Happy and mellow. He smiles so much more now!
5-13
Stayed home with daddy for the first time while I taught the review session! He did great and took the bottle just fine! He was so happy and snuggly the rest of the morning. I loved it! We also went to the inner harbor, I think he was surprised by but loved the stimulation! We also drove with the windows down and his eyes were huge like "what is happening? Those ocean noises did not prepare me for this!"
5-14
James looks so cute when he Sleeps. So peaceful and calm! When we wake him up to feed he purses his lips and arches his back
while he stretches its so cute!
5-16
James personality is definitely starting to come through! He is very mellow and very happy. He also has his opinions about what he wants and he is very clear about telling you what does opinions are. And if he is tired, then he definitely has some meltdowns. He will often scream and cry when he is tired. It's like he just doesn't know what to do with himself. And then finally we get him asleep., And are happy baby is back!
He loves to look his parents in the eyes and smile. He also often cues and makes noises like he is trying to talk. We can also tell that to his eyesight is improving and he is able to see farther distances. We notice this when we are putting him in bed because he now sees us there and won't go to sleep until we leave.
5-19
James is starting to sleep for longer stretches at night! He slept for six hours last night. We moved him out of our bedroom and I think that might have helped.
5-20
James is so curious now. We went on a walk and he heard the bird instead of the trees were several minutes. He loves looking around now when we are walking and is interested in the people and things we see. He is very interactive, I contact and loves to smile at you when you deserve it.
I am definitely a little bit of a overprotective mom. I wash my hands like a surgeon, and I have to be looking in wherever he is whatever he's doing. I Ofton check if he is breathing.
He is a really good sleeper. We usually rock him and sing to him a little bit after putting him in his sleep sack, then set him down and he goes to sleep on his own with the noisemaker. Most of the time John will stand by the door and watch and see if he spits out his pacifier and put it back in if he does. He always gives great smiles to you daddy when daddy comes home! He even recognize johns Voice very curious and interested when he hears it.
5-21
He almost laughed today, smiled while making a noise! He has definitely grown a lot, he is getting big for the small new born clothes and seems so much longer when I do skin to skin with him (which I am so happy he still lets me do!). He usually only approves of it for a while, but it is great! I also held him in the carrier while he slept today as we helped at James Whiddon's we care fair. It was great!
5-22
James loved doing tummy time on my timing today! He went on a run in the stroller with me for the first time and I loved it he go to sleep it was such a gorgeous day! Spring is the best time to have a baby. He is still sleeping the same as he has been for several weeks going about four or five hour stretches. Seven weeks is supposed to be the time that they are able to sleep through the night so hopefully that come sometime soon. He gets more interactive, expressions, and happy by the day! I was thinking that I hadn't been holding him a nap, so I am doing that more now.
We had a Luis and Rosa over yesterday, and Isabella loved touching baby James. It was so cute! James had no idea what was going on.
5-23
James projectile vomited today. Aaaa! It didn't bother him at all. He is so happy, I just love that I get to be home with him! did a little skin to skin which is so special 😍 I love playin with him!
I went visiting teaching today, so I left him with John-it was so fun to come back to him and know he will always be with us! I just love this little guy.
5-24
James woke up at 6 today which was awesome cause it meant I got to take a nap and be up by 8! I love starting early! We took a run on another gorgeous day. I love that I can exercise now, it gives me so much for energy! He also talked a time! He loves line is back in the ground looking at you in the eyes and talking your ear off.
5-25
Slept through the night last night! He woke up at three and 430 but I just put his pacifier back in and he went right to sleep!
I didn't realize this until we were around people more but James likes to go from 0 to 10 in a split second. If he decides he is hungry he wants to eat right now and he lets you now!
3-6 2 months old
James loves the birds. He will turn around completely when we are out walking to listen to them, and his eyes dart around when they make a new noise. He is very happy and loves to talk and coo with you. He also loves to squirm around and move his cute little arms and legs! He loves bath time and going outside.
Today was maybe the worst day ever. Vaccines. I could not have prepared myself for them, it is the most painful thing ever to see your child in such pain and have no way to help them 😔😔😔
Somehow I had the time wrong in my phone and the appointment was an hour earlier than I had planned. They called and asked me about it and I opted to go in today and meet with the PA. Which I will never do again. She did not give the most helpful answers (said "be wise" when I asked about how long he could be outside when it's hot) and did not seem very confident in some of the things she was saying. She gave an oral vaccine first which was suppose o be sweet and desirable, but she squirted it out all at once and it got all over him and I don't ever know if he ended up swallowing any of it. The next three were in the thighs. Oh, how he screamed. It didn't
6-6 9 weeks 1 day
I love staying home with James. He is so sweet and smiley and talkative. He is a wonderful baby and I feel so lucky I get to be with him all the time.
He has been going through a phase where he doesn't nap so great during the day. Hopefully this phase does not last long!
Today I went to Aldi's, Weis, target, and the gas station with him. He slept the whole time! Pretty much. It was pretty awesome that I could do all those errands and he be so good for all of it.
Now we get to play the rest of the day, and prepare for John's parents to get here this weekend! We are so excited to have them.
6-9
James is sleeping and 96 hour stretches now. He is definitely getting heavier and look in a little bit more grown-up every day. His eyes are very blue now.
He is now starting to use his hands a little bit more purposefully, and playing with toys. The also can look at books a little bit more when we read to him, and is more aware and interacted in general. He smiles all the time and sometimes gives a found that almost sounds like a laugh.
He has pinkeye again, and we treated it and now will just rent keep rubbing his tear duct to make sure that they are not blocked. Hopefully he does not get pinkeye again.
All days he is happy, some days he still eats better than others. Sometimes he will only go to sleep in your arms or in the bouncer after a while. He is now doing tummy time like a champion! He holds his head up for a really long time and can roll over pretty easily from his belly. He has not attempted to roll over from his back yet. But he lifts his head up very well and for a long amount of time. It makes him spit up though sometimes being on his stomach.
6-16
Inane slept from 10:30-6:00 last night! He has been sleeping from around 10-5am for a week or two now--it is amazing!
He is using his hands lots more now, and it grabbing toys and putting his hands in his mouth! He also talks lots now and and smiles and interacts with you on a regular basis!
In the bath or lying on his back, he loves to kick his legs over and over again! He is a very active guy. He is very good at holding his head up now and doesn't seem to mind tummy time too much. He loves being under the jungle gym and touching dangling things or looking at himself in the mirror!
6-20 11 weeks
James has been sleeping sent through the night since last week! He usually goes to bed between 10 and 11 and sleeps until 530 or six. It is awesome!
James was blessed last Sunday when he was about 10 weeks old. It was awesome to have both his sets of grandparents in to be there for the blessing.
James uses his hands all the time now. He likes to grab onto his shirt with his right hand, and grab things we place in front of him. He loves being outside and he loves getting carried around in the baby carrier, the snuggly. He loves trees and things that are green. He often stares at the trees the whole time we are outside. He is still in newborn clothes but his poops and pees are quickly outgrowing his new Born diapers! Sometimes we go through five or six outfits a day with him.
He is very alert, has great, active wake times, is excellent at tummy time and rolling over onto his back, and even seems to like reading stories now. Sometimes.
6-22
James is starting to talk a lot more now. He babbles and his voice goes up and down and he moves his mouth around. It is so cute! It is like he is trying to mimic us more. He also will start babbling as I'm reading him books now, as if he is taking a turn reading it.
6-23
He loves looking in the mirror and swatting at things. He is getting really good control of his hands now, and can grab onto things and even move them around.
He always tells us to when he is not happy, like when he has been on tummy time for too long after we take him off of it you'll come plan for about a minute and let you know he did not enjoy that.
He also love this music toy we have that plays classical music and the screen light up. If he is fussy in the car seat that always calms him down. He loves watching the colors and hearing the music.
6-25 12 weeks
We went to the beach with James for the first time and he loved it! When he was in the water in his floaty fish he wasn't really sure what to think about it. The water was very cold and he was just looking around with wide eyes. But then after we brought him out of the water he babbled to US for about five minutes straight! We think he was telling us that he really liked the experience. He did it both times he went in the water. I was a little nervous about how things would go at the beach but he did great. We kept him in the shade the whole time and he had a nice swim diaper to wear in the water. He slept really well in his car seat for naps.
6-30
James is becoming very efficient with his hands now. He is also discovering his feet and sometimes stares at them. He let his favorite game is lying on his stomach on the Boppy pillow and reaching for toys in front of him. After a while of that he gets tired and start slamming his head down on the pillow, but he still complains when I take him off of it.
James is funny when it comes to naptime. He never cries or complains usually unless he's tired, and when he is and I lay him down in his bed his tired fussing turns into a new cry when he realizes I am putting him to bed.
He is still such a happy boy. He has lapsed several times now, and is always so ecstatic to greet daddy with a big smile when he comes home. He does not like to miss out on social events, and when people are over he does not like to go down for a nap. He is very chill and likes to be active all the time, whether that means kicking his legs when he is on his back, rolling over from his belly to his back (which he does on a regular basis when we put him on his belly on the ground), or Lurting forward when he's on his belly on the Boppy. He will also forward it to me time on our chest. I think he will be very excited to move all on his own
Names we have called James:
mister James
Buddy/ little buddy
Rootin'-est tootin'-est cowboy in the whole wide West (because he has some mighty toots and mighty Joe Young poos)
Baby James
Sweet baby James
Mr. Magoo
7.8.16 3 months 5 days
Your hair is getting longer now with gentle curls up top. The new hair coming in looks as white as snowy silk. Your eyes have settled into a deep blue, and they love to fix themselves onto anything new (especially new people) with great care and attention. Your neck is strong and tummy time has become easy, routine. You love to play and gab and even laugh more and more each day. Bath time is still one of your favorites, full of endless kicking and splashing with your legs until you are flat on your back in the baby bather. You love walks and being Carried in the baby carrier, but you must be able to see the world around you for you to be content.
You loved the fireworks, you just watched them calmly. You also loved the huge bubbles we did in WV. You are always so happy, and your smile pours over me like liquid gold to lift me up and remind me how incredible It is to be a parent.
*yesterday was a very difficult evening. I did not exercise or get a proper nap, which is a recipe for a bad mood in the night time. It started off okay, but then spiraled downward until I was first not being loving or respectful toward my husband, and finally neither of us were. At the time it was as if I didn't have control over what was coming out of my mouth, some combination of tiredness and lack of spiritual preparation left me all too vulnerable to the natural man.
Looking back, I am heart broken that I allowed myself to be unkind to my husband. I never want to be unkind to anyone, especially the one who I love more and hold more dear than anyone in the world! How can I arm myself with the strength and capacity to never again treat the ones I love most with anything but kindness and respect? First of all, it means meeting my physical needs, and for me right now that means some type of physical exercise and a 15 minute (no more, no less) afternoon nap. Second, it means meeting my spiritual needs. I have been great about personal study because of nursing, but family study abs FHE have suffered lately. I also need to work in a temple night at least once a month. And stop trying to have conversations with John at night right before bed. It just doesn't work. But we do need some us time in the evening. Maybe right after dinner. It would help if dinner was ready when we got home or close to it. And I need to make sure there is enough at dinner to make us both full! Which was another problem with last night. Hungry Hickeys are grumpy Hickeys (all of us).
7.9.16***
How Can i teach James about Thee?
Teach him while he is young enough to remember, and he will carry it with him until he is old enough to know.
7.12.16
Went to baby storytime today. James was a little fussy when we got there but as soon as we sat down he quieted down. He loved it! I think he is energized by people and love listening to the songs. He is so curious and happy and optimistic and sweet and learns quickly. He has great use of his hands now and can pull the Binky out of his mouth. He almost always turns over when he put him on his stomach and now turns from his back to his side.
***
We went to the temple last weekend, which was healing to my soul and our relationship and everything in the whole world! It was so amazing to be in house of the Lord again. When John said look there's the temple I looked up and it's gorgeous white spires and started to cry. I went in and did initiatory's first while John waited outside. It was so amazing to feel the beautiful piece there and he'll close to my father in heaven any
In a way you can only feel in the temple. The words of all the blessings washed over me and I thought of how amazing it is to be reminded of the beautiful promises now that I am a mother. I went outside and told John you have to get in there! Yes I already found how renewing and beautiful The temple was for me. After going to the temple that easy frustration that we had been experiencing in our relationship evaporated. I feel so intensely the immense blessings going to the temple bring to our marriage into our family. I feel so much more joy and easy happiness in my life.
7-26-16
We just went to the beach with my family & James loved it! Lots of beach naps in the blue fish shade and time in the baby pool. And lots of getting carried around by gdaddy!
He started to drool a lot while we were there and now likes to bite things, especially his own & other people's fingers!
He now likes complete silence when he nurses, I am not allowed to talk 🙈 but he smiles ore than ever, grabs his feet, pulls his pacifier out of his mouth, and has amazing use of his hands! He also has a bad eye infection, hopefully it's better soon!
...
So I got called to be RS president on Sunday. Big day!! I am very anxious, especially since I have been anxious just about teaching and taking care of the baby in the fall! But come August 21, I will have a lot more responsibility in the ward.
However, I have been praying for more opportunities to serve. Since staying at home I feel like my human interaction, and therefore service opportunities have decreased significantly. So this will definitely be an answer to that prayer! I know Heavenly Father knows my schedule and situation, and He will help me keep everything in balance.
7.27.16 3 months 3 weeks
James is becoming more independent every day! He is starting to try to sit up on his own, and can pretty much roll over from his back to his stomach (his arm still gets caught, but he is getting there!). He loves the exersaucer (but I don't put him in it because it isn't great for his motor development), but we play with the toys from the outside. He also LOVES his jungle gym with toys dangling overhead, and playing on the bed.
He loves listening to and dancing to music (he especially seems to like Jai Ho), and laughs and smiles all the time. He often looks up at me in the middle of feeding and smiles, crinkling up his nose. He is sooo cute!
And smart. He figured out how to take off the mittens we out on him so he doesn't scratch himself while he sleeps, and how to move 180 from the place we lay him down (including in his bed!).
7.29.16.
James rolled over for the first time today! He is so smart and happy and fun. He loves to play and interact. He loves to watch me dance and dance with me (okay actually he just looks away and doesn't cry, but that's the same thing right?), listen to music, and be carried facing outward.
I took him to the store in the carrier this week and he loved seeing everything!
...
I have been think a lot lately about my time. If I get lots done on my class I feel like I should have spent more time with James or cleaning, if I spend lots of time with James I feel like I should have done more for my class!!
Especially with this calling, I have thought several times how it might be nice to just stay home with James. However, I felt today like I need to stay in the community, especially while I only have one kid an it is very convenient to do so! Towson needs a teacher with a righteous perspective. So while I have as much time as I ever will with young children at home, let me spread as much goodness, light, and truth to young adults at what may be one of the most impressionable times in their lives. This way I can look back and say I did my best. Even if it's not what my best would have been 6 months ago, it is by best today. And the Lord will help me do it. God is so good!
I had a thought when James was a few weeks old that he was the greatest little guy in the world and I just loved him so much, and that I wish every little baby could be loved and cared for like I loved James. I got the impression like the Lord was pleased with me, and said "this is the way I want every mother to feel about her child, but you have prepared yourself to feel this way." And He was happy I had. What an amazing father in Heaven I have! I just want to serve my son and all His children for Him.
8.2.16. 3 months 29 days
James is learning all kinds of things-how to take off his bib (which he hates), when we are having guests over (so he doesn't sleep and miss them), and even how to take his socks off! He is very good with his hands and loves to move around. If you put him on the playmat, he will move all around and end up off the mat 180 degrees from where you out him. He loves to sit up and tries to do it on his own! He still wakes up a few times in the middle of the night but he is getting better at that
8.4.16. 4 months 1 day
James' favorite activities:
Going outside; walking around, laying down and looking up at the trees, watch trucks and buses go by! No matter how tired he is he never fusses until we are back inside!
Dancing!! He loves music, especially classical, and loves moving to the beat! He especially loves
8.14. 4 months 1 week
At bear lake with the hickeys! James
Hello beautiful girl!
We have been praying for you, I hope this was a good week! We love you so much!! Here are some moments from our week!

Just for fun 😁
Also last week we turned James car seat around so he is forward-facing. Now that he can see where we are driving he is a total backseat driver. Every time we stop at a stoplight he yells “go!” We are leaving about stop lights and taking turns :P

James playing with his little friend in a bear trap at the zoo! He was jumping and landing on his bum inside of this like it was a trampoline.

James loves playing in the fall leaves!

James has strong opinions about things sometimes. For example, when he insisted he bring my flip flop with us on our walk to the library.

Santa this year went about as well as last year...

We had a Christmas Parade in our neighborhood today, James LOVED all the bands! He wanted to follow them down the street instead of waiting for the next float to come by. We had to leave a little early because of his nap, and the whole way home he was asking us for “one more” Christmas parade. He couldn’t get enough!
 Our neighborhood decorates crazy with Christmas lights, this is the outside of one bakery!
No comments:
Post a Comment